1. Our Policy for the Custody of Personal Information
In order to ensure the smooth operation of our business, Destination Marketing Organization Roppongi ("the Organization") acquires and retains certain personal information about our clients, including names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses ("Personal Information"). We recognize that the proper safekeeping of this Personal Information is an important obligation, and have therefore established the following policies for our handling of all Personal Information.
- In addition to complying with all laws, regulations, ordinances and guidelines related to the custody of Personal Information, we adopt and implement practices for the appropriate handling of Personal Information that accord with generally accepted public standards, and will strive to improve the suitability and implementation of those practices.
- We establish clear internal regulations regarding the handling of Personal Information and make these regulations known to all our members. In addition, we require our trading partners and contractors to handle all Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
- Upon acquiring any Personal Information, we will specify the purpose for which that information will be used, make a notification or public announcement of that purpose, and only deal with the Personal Information within the scope of that specified purpose.
- If we engage any third party to deal with all or any part of our Personal Information to the extent required to achieve the purpose of use of that information, before we provide such Personal Information to the third party, we will confirm that the third party has adequate measures for the safekeeping of that information, and will enter into a contract with that third party for the custody of that Personal Information, as well as put in place any other appropriate measures.
- We will establish the necessary measures and engage in the appropriate supervision to prevent any disclosure or loss of, or tampering with, any Personal Information.
- If we receive a request from any client in relation to whom we have custody of Personal Information, to disclose, amend, delete or cease using that information, we will respond accordingly in good faith.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Organization acquires Personal Information as necessary in the course of undertaking our business, and that Personal Information will be used for one or more of the following purposes.
- To send e-mail or materials when contacting clients, providing information regarding the Organization's operations, or responding to inquiries.
- To send seasonal greetings, or to send invitations or announcements regarding events hosted, co-hosted, sponsored, co-sponsored, or supported by the Organization.
- In the event that the Organization is engaged by another business to deal with all or any part of the Personal Information of that business, to undertake that engagement in an appropriate manner.
- To send e-mail magazines and direct mail regarding the Organization's business.
- To conduct market surveys regarding the Organization's business.
- To implement any other activity related to any business of the Organization.
3. Management and Custody of Personal Information
The Organization will appoint a Personal Information Manager to ensure the proper and strict safekeeping of the Personal Information received from our clients, and will strive to preserve the accuracy of all Personal Information. Furthermore, we will implement the necessary and appropriate level of safety measures to prevent the risk of any Personal Information being disclosed outside of the Organization and of any improper external access to the Personal Information, based on our Regulations for the Custody of Personal Information and Rules for Dealing with Personal Information.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except where required by law, we will not disclose any individual's Personal Information to a third party without the consent of that individual.
5. Where Disclosure is Requested
In the event that any individual in respect of whom we hold Personal Information wishes us to disclose that information, we will, without delay, after first confirming the identity of the individual making such request, disclose the relevant Personal Information, except where otherwise required by law.
6. Amendments, Additions and Deletions
In the event that any individual in respect of whom we hold Personal Information wishes that information to be amended, supplemented or deleted, we will, without delay, after first confirming the identity of the individual making such request, effect the relevant change so that the relevant Personal Information is in accordance with fact.
7. Suspension and Cessation of Use
In the event that any individual in respect of whom we hold Personal Information wishes us to suspend or cease our use of that information or to cease providing that information to a third party, we will, without delay, after first confirming the identity of the individual making such request and ascertaining that there is a reason for the request, effect the relevant suspension or cessation.
8. Contact Person for Disclosure and Other Matters
All requests in relation to an individual's Personal Information as set forth in Clauses 5, 6 or 7 above, and any inquiries or complaints regarding the Organization's handling of Personal Information should be made to the following contact listed below. Inquiries and complaints should be made using the contact procedures specified by the Organization. Please be aware that requests for disclosure, etc., which are not performed in accordance with these contact procedures may not be addressed.
<<Personal Information Response Office>>
Destination Marketing Organization Roppongi Secretariat
Mori Building Co., Ltd. Roppongi Academyhills
49F, Mori Tower
Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-6149
The business hours of the Personal Information Response Office are from 10:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays (excluding the Organization's holidays).
Requests for notification of the purpose of use of Personal Information or for the disclosure of Personal Information held will incur a handling fee of five hundred yen (500yen) per request (inclusive of consumption tax and local consumption tax), which may be paid by bank transfer or other methods.